Thank you for attending today's demo where our VP of Customer Success, Curtis Morris, shows you how to use some of Assembla's most popular features. In this demo recording, you'll get an overview of your home dashboard, your project's space dashboard, how to add tools and repos , create tickets, invite users and how to get help when you need it.
Here's a time stamp of the topics we discussed in today's demo.
1:00 - Home Dashboard Overview - Portfolios, Spaces, Activity
- The dashboard is your home base and is where you’ll land when logging into the app.
- Think of Portfolio as a container that contains all your projects. Portfolio is your Assembla account. You can have multiple Portfolios if you’re part of multiple accounts. Otherwise you’ll see one Portfolio.
- When you click into your Portfolio, you will see all your projects’ spaces that you’re assigned to and can jump to and from spaces here. Every account comes with unlimited projects (spaces).
- Quickly see all your mentions so you can quickly review what you need to give feedback on.
- Quickly see all the tickets you’re following.
- Quickly see all your recent events. This will show you all activity that has occurred on your account.
5:45 - How to Customize your Tickets view in your Project’s Space
- You have a few options for viewing tickets, Cardwall vs List. At Assembla, we use Cardwall so we can easily drag and drop tickets into different status columns.
- Stars that are highlighted yellow indicate that you’re following the ticket. Easily click the star to unfollow the ticket from cardwall view.
- You can make your cardwall viewable the public. For example, we’ve made our Assembla product roadmap public for our customers. Click here to view.
8:20 - How to Create a new Space for a new Project, Customize Tools and add Repos
- By default, we’ve created a default space for all new users.
- You can easily create a new Project’s Space by clicking on the green plus button on the top right.
- To customize your Space, you will want to go into Admin from your Project’s Space.
- In the Tools section, you can select the different tools you want to have available by default. By default, we have tickets, wikis and repos available by default.
- You can customize tickets and add repos from your Tools section.
11:40 - How to Invite Users and Create Tickets
- You can use the search option to search for an existing user in the database or you can add someone’s email address.
- An invited user will receive an invitation via email.
- Assign a role to your users - owner, member, watcher.
- You can see whether or not a user has accepted your invitation.
- When you create a ticket, you can easily add files and allow those files will be viewable in your cardwall view.
- You can also create sub tasks or log your work hours within the ticket.
- On the left side, you’ll notice a variety of options including “status.” These are are all customizable.
- You assign tickets to users or you can add followers. Followers will receive notifications when the status of the ticket changes.
- You can use @mentions to notify users of the ticket.
20:15 - How to contact Support
- You can reach Assembla support via phone, email and chat.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1-781-810-8222
- You’ll notice in the bottom right corner of the screen (any page you’re on) a chat option is available.
- Our team is available 24/7 to answer your questions. Although questions may not be immediately answered, you are able to chat with us directly in the app.
How do you create a milestone and subtask?
When you create a ticket for the first time, after the ticket is created, you can create a subtask from the bottom left side of the ticket page. There’s no limit to the amount of subtasks you can have.
You can easily see milestones from your project’s space and these are completely customizable.
Which integrations does Assembla have?
For quick reference, please see our integrations here. https://www.assembla.com/integrations
Do you have more questions? Please submit them below.