In this week’s demo, our VP of Customer Success, Curtis Morris, shows you how to customize your interface in the app, create tickets, add a repo and invite users.
Here's a time stamp of the subjects discussed in today's demo:
2:02 - Dashboard Overview
- The dashboard is your home base and is where you’ll land when logging into the app.
- See all your projects’ spaces that you’re assigned to and jump to and from spaces here.
- Quickly see all your mentions so you can quickly review what you need to give feedback on.
- Everything is customizable. You can go into Admin and update your branding with custom CSS. We recommend adding your company name and logo.
- Add users, create tickets, add repos and create new spaces all here.
9:05 - Create your Project’s Space
- By default, your first Space has been created for you and you can see that when you log in. The two features enabled by default are Tickets and Wiki.
- Space names are unique to your account but not to Assembla
10:05 - How to Create Tickets
- Easily create a ticket from your project’s Space.
- You can use @mentions to notify users of the ticket.
- On the left side, you’ll notice a variety of options including “status.” These are are all customizable.
- You can add a followers. Followers will receive notifications when the status of the ticket changes.
- You have a few options for viewing tickets, Cardwall vs List. At Assembla, we use Cardwall so we can easily drag and drop tickets into different status columns. Check out our roadmap here: https://app.assembla.com/spaces/assembla-product-roadmap/tickets/realtime_cardwall
14:12 - How to Invite Users
- You can use the search option to search for an existing user in the database or you can add someone’s email address.
- An invited user will receive an invitation via email.
- Assign a role to your users - admin or member.
- You can see whether or not a user has accepted your invitation.
17:00 - How to Add a Repo
- Enable Repo. Repos are not enabled by default. You will need to go to Admin status to enable.
- In the Admin section, you will need to go to the Tools section to see the repo options.
- We offer 3 types of Repos: Git, SVN, Perforce.
19:50 - How to contact Support
- You can reach Assembla support via phone, email and chat.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1-781-810-8222
- You’ll notice in the bottom right corner of the screen (any page you’re on) a chat option is available.
- Our team is available 24/7 to answer your questions. Although questions may not be immediately answered, you are able to chat with us directly in the app.
Can you integrate code repo into tickets? And what about if you use a Git hosting service like Bitbucket or Github?
Yes. Please visit our support article here: https://support.assembla.com/hc/en-us/articles/225722748-Link-commits-with-ticket-comments