Updates today: preconfigured spaces, time tool, bug fixes
The Assembla.com upgrade today includes: Preconfigured spaces for software developers, designers, recruiters, and other teams; a Time reporting tool; and bug fixes. Read on for more details.
In previous releases, we offered a checkbox to create a "Software Developer Space", preconfigured with Trac and SVN tools, and some alerts. This was so popular that we added some more checkboxes on the Create a Space page:
- The classic Trac/SVN space, upgraded with Scrum and Chat and the integrated alerts
- A software developers space that bundles SVN with our new Integrated Ticketing tool
- A graphic designer's space that includes our new Images tool
- A recruiter's space that includes our upgraded Staffing tool, for managing job postings and applications
- A generic collaboration space with Milestones and Chat
Time reporting is a free (for now) tool, and not a hardcoded feature of Commercial spaces. If you had a commercial space with the Time reporting tab, you will have to go and add the Time tool to get the Time reporting tab back. We also put time data entry into the Time tab on the space, in response to a recent user request.
We added other features and fixed a lot of bugs, some of which you hopefully didn't notice. People did notice that they could not delete spaces, and that the Scrum tool showed an error in Commercial spaces with https.